Monday, November 14, 2011

Another chicken coop project

The heat lamp will have to wait for another day. Today I decided to install a wood floor in the chicken coop. The old floor of limestone rocks was getting to be too much of a hassle because the girls would scratch around in their pine shaving bedding and then get bored and start digging through the rocks (notice the mini crater).


I dug through my pile of scrap wood and found that I didn't have any pieces of plywood big enough to cover the entire floor. I guess I'll just have to make do and cover it with several smaller pieces. First I cut several pieces of 4x4s and 2x4s to act as floor joists:


Then I pieced together the flooring:



Fresh pine shavings:


 Penny comes inside to check it out!


I hope this will make cleanup easier and not harder. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

John


No comments:

Post a Comment